Are you looking to become a flight attendant? Or are you looking to switch locations and you are wondering what the flight attendant salary in Illinois is. In this article we will cover the basics from what a flight attendant does, how to become a flight attendant, the average flight attendant salary in Illinois as well as where to find job openings in Illinois.
Flight Attendant Job Description
A flight attendant is responsible for attending to the safety and comfort needs of passengers aboard a flight. They must adhere to all the rules of the FFA. Also referred to as a cabin attendant, they perform a range of tasks including demonstrating emergency procedures, directing passengers, and performing safety checks. Here are a few flight attendant responsibilities:
Flight Attendant Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the plane is free of debris and checks in preparation for take-off.
- They demonstrate to the flyers how to use oxygen masks, seat belts, and exit doors in the event of an emergency.
- They offer information and support that ensures the safety and comfort of all passengers.
- Checking that passengers have valid tickets, directing them to their seats, and providing assistance.
- Servicing passengers with beverages and meals is part of the job.
- Interacting with passengers regarding their travel plans, routes, and arrival times.
- Being well-informed about your flight by attending pre-flight briefings and studying all the details prior to take-off.
- In the case of an accident, assisting with evacuations and administering aid to passengers as required.
- Assist people with special needs, such as children, disabled persons, and senior citizens.
- Creating analytic reports detailing any issues with flights.
Average Flight Attendant Salary in Illinois
The average Flight Attendant salary in Illinois is $85,647 as of August 29, 2022. The range is somewhere between $68,738 and $106,183, however, salaries can vary greatly depending on factors such as education level, certifications attained and number of years spent working in the profession.
How to Become a Flight Attendant
Flight Attendant requirements and qualifications
Flight Attendant job description should contain the following requirements and qualifications:
- X years of experience as a Flight Attendant or similar role
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of another language is a big plus
- MS Office knowledge
- Professional look
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Cabin crew certification or training.
Flight Attendant Jobs in Illinois
If you are looking to become a flight attendant in Illinois, here are a few locations you can take a look at to apply for jobs:
Other Related Flight Attendant Jobs
If you are interested in a flight attendant job because you like being in the air, or because you like the travelling aspect, here are a few other jobs that might interest you: